In your opinion, in the CHSAA and GCHSAA, on the Freshmen, Junior Varsity, and Varsity Level, in the AA, A, and B Division, which schools this season:

1. Underwhelmed and did not have as good a season as they were expected to and still have some work to do?

2. Met Expectations and were either bad like they were supposed to be or good and one of the elite teams in the league?

3. Exceeded Expectations and took everyone by surprise?

4. Are on the rise and will be an elite team either next season or in the next few seasons?

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting questions- before you get answers on them, I hope someone would report on the CHSAA "AA" Championship played Sunday @ Fordham between Cardinal Hayes vs. Archbishop Molloy. Final score was 64-62 with Cardinal Hayes pulling out the win.

They only have the score on the CHSAA Basketball all site. THANKS in advance to anyone who can give an accurate report on the game. Oh, before I forget, NY Post & Daily News Sport's Editors ...........You SUCK!

I think Molloy and Hayes shocked alot of people. I really thought this was Loughlin year, They had the best backcourt with Keith and Marquis. CTK will be right there next year. Their JV just won the chip. They got about 6 Sophs on Vars already. Freshman Ryan Myer will move up and be a great addition with Walker and Kofi. Jeffery Williamson will be moving up as well after his MVP type performance in the chip JV game. Hays and Molly are going to be good as well. Cole and Mose are going to be better.

It's ironic how Christ The King is basically like Kentucky. They're constantly producing good players into their system year after year yet they still have not won a city championship since Rawle Alkins' departure. They definitely had their chances these past two years. Archbishop Molloy is definitely a frontrunner with Cole and Moses and I would not be surprised if Moses takes over the team over Cole considering it'll be his senior year. The team that wins the championship(with the exception of Xaverian, of course) should always be considered a top candidate and Hayes is definitely one. It is a shame that Keith was unable to get a city championship under his belt before going to Cincinnati but I definitely see Markquis succeeding where Keith failed, especially with Loughlin's loaded roster.

Casey Seawright said:

I think Molloy and Hayes shocked alot of people. I really thought this was Loughlin year, They had the best backcourt with Keith and Marquis. CTK will be right there next year. Their JV just won the chip. They got about 6 Sophs on Vars already. Freshman Ryan Myer will move up and be a great addition with Walker and Kofi. Jeffery Williamson will be moving up as well after his MVP type performance in the chip JV game. Hays and Molly are going to be good as well. Cole and Mose are going to be better.

Rick, I posted the score on my blog page along with the highlights. And I recommend following the CHSAA Twitter account along with the beat writers who cover both the CHSAA and the PSAL.

Rich Kosik said:

Interesting questions- before you get answers on them, I hope someone would report on the CHSAA "AA" Championship played Sunday @ Fordham between Cardinal Hayes vs. Archbishop Molloy. Final score was 64-62 with Cardinal Hayes pulling out the win.

They only have the score on the CHSAA Basketball all site. THANKS in advance to anyone who can give an accurate report on the game. Oh, before I forget, NY Post & Daily News Sport's Editors ...........You SUCK!

Dont forget about certain players leaving for prep school.molloy is in danger of that happening.
Whole starting 5 is leaving... Allegedly
Yeah.very possible joe.honestly I dont blame them.

It's a shame. This is one of the reasons why the CHSAA became irrelevant in the first place: all these kids thinking they can go D1, so they do everything they can, whether it's reclassifying or going to prep school. I understand the passion to want to continue to play in college because you've played so well in high school or you didn't get the playing time you thought you deserved, but eventually these kids have to realize that not everyone can play at the college level and even if they do, there's nothing wrong with playing D2 or D3. Heck, even Pedro Marquez, who dominated with Cardinal Hayes, is at a D3 school.

a1jeff said:

John,I love you posts and exposure on this but its clear to the naked eye that khalid moore,cole anthony,and moses brown are high level major division 1 players with possible dreams of big time careers in the future.Cole and Moses are top 10 players in the nation in their class and khalid moore is a solid fit anywhere and has alot of upside.if they want to play a national schedule and be challenged even more,why not leave?No knock on Molloy but things have changed from the 80's.it depends on the kid,some kids feel comfortable and play all four years and obtain their d1 scholarship that way.have to applaud isaiah washington,jose alvarado,and keith williams for that.

John Likanje said:

It's a shame. This is one of the reasons why the CHSAA became irrelevant in the first place: all these kids thinking they can go D1, so they do everything they can, whether it's reclassifying or going to prep school. I understand the passion to want to continue to play in college because you've played so well in high school or you didn't get the playing time you thought you deserved, but eventually these kids have to realize that not everyone can play at the college level and even if they do, there's nothing wrong with playing D2 or D3. Heck, even Pedro Marquez, who dominated with Cardinal Hayes, is at a D3 school.

a1jeff said:

I completely agree with you, Jeff, but there's plenty of other ways to get exposure from college coaches other than just going to prep school. And it's clear that Anthony, Brown, and Moore are getting the attention they deserve just from the amount of D1 offers they are receiving. For example, there were plenty of D1 coaches at Fordham University on Sunday, so there's no reason for them to leave as long as they keep doing what they're doing.

a1jeff said:

John,I love you posts and exposure on this but its clear to the naked eye that khalid moore,cole anthony,and moses brown are high level major division 1 players with possible dreams of big time careers in the future.Cole and Moses are top 10 players in the nation in their class and khalid moore is a solid fit anywhere and has alot of upside.if they want to play a national schedule and be challenged even more,why not leave?No knock on Molloy but things have changed from the 80's.it depends on the kid,some kids feel comfortable and play all four years and obtain their d1 scholarship that way.have to applaud isaiah washington,jose alvarado,and keith williams for that.

John Likanje said:

a1jeff said:

THE NY POST AND DAILY NEWS GAVE UP ON THE PSAL AND CHSAA, They stop hiring guys to cover hs sports, they are both trashy news papers and they gave up on kids - who are potential future news paper buyers. So thanks to basketball sites like this kids who play can be highlighted.

Exactly, Cheez. Although I like News 12 Varsity and MSG Varsity for their coverage on the PSAL, CHSAA, and Section 1 and 11, it is inconvenient for people whom do not have Optimum to watch games on MSG Varsity, so hopefully they address this problem soon.

Cheez Ezenekwe said:

THE NY POST AND DAILY NEWS GAVE UP ON THE PSAL AND CHSAA, They stop hiring guys to cover hs sports, they are both trashy news papers and they gave up on kids - who are potential future news paper buyers. So thanks to basketball sites like this kids who play can be highlighted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

VIDEO ARCHIVES

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

@PSALBasketball

Music

Loading…

Badge

Loading…